April 27 - May 10, 2012
Walter Reade Theater
Lincoln Center, New York City
Moon and Stars Project of The American Turkish Society, together with the Film Society of Lincoln Center, invite you to participate in the most comprehensive Turkish film event in the United States, featuring:
- 25 feature films ranging from the 1950s to recent works, all restored, copied and subtitled in English;
- A catalog featuring essays on Turkish film history as well as detailed information on all of the films in the program, with an accompanying website, both essential, lasting resources on Turkish cinema in the United States;
- Panel discussions with experts from Turkey and the United States to address the development of Turkish film, its current status, and future prospects;
- In-person appearances by Turkish directors, actors and film critics;
- A tour of the entirety or portions of the program to other film centers in the U.S.
You can sponsor a film at "The Space Between: A Panorama of Cinema in Turkey" program with a contribution of $2,500 through our Adopt-A-Film program. Films up for adoption include classics such as Yilmaz Guney's internationally acclaimed masterpieceYol, Winner of the Cannes Palme d'Or, 1982; film adaptations of popular novels such as Omer Kavur's Anayurt Oteli and Atif Yilmaz's Selvi Boylum, Az Yazmalim; as well as well-known contemporary examples like Vizontele, Itiraf and Teyzem.
For a complete list of films you can adopt, follow this link.
Benefits of Adopt-A-Film include:
- Name recognition before your adopted film, and mention in the program catalog
- Complimentary tickets
- Tax-deductible contribution
You can adopt for yourself, as a family/group of friends, or consider this as a gift to a loved one.
For more information on Adopt-A-Film, click here.